Discover Bugs with Ease
Developed by a professional electronics TSCM developer to the specifications of counter-surveillance experts, the TT-46 is the best way to find out if someone is listening in on your phone conversations. The TT-46 is the only test set that lets you quickly and easily check both single and multi-line phone systems for series and parallel taps. This advanced unit tests every possible combination of wires in a four-wire cable; this lets you detect some of the more sophisticated taps that use split pairs.
While not much can be done about down-line taps, the TT-46 will help you check your phone lines for on-premise series and parallel bugs and wiretaps. You can also check your telephone for the most common types of hookswitch bypasses. A hookswitch bypass is a modification to the telephone that causes the transmitter or receiver in the phone handset to pick up room sounds and pass them down the phone line even with the phone hung up, effectively turning the telephone into a room monitor.
- Detects series devices with a resistance of 10 ohms or more (most series taps have a resistance of over 100 ohms.)
- Detects parallel devices with a resistance of 65 megohms or less. (most parallel taps are under 30 megohms.)
- Detects certain capacitively coupled taps.
- Features a line monitor that lets you check the wire pairs for the presence of room audio when the phones are hung up.
- The included line driver activates any voltage-operated microphones that may be connected to a pair of wires.
- Weighs just 9 oz.
- Powered by one (included) 9 volt alkaline battery
- Includes all necessary cords, plugs and adapters along with an illustrated instruction manual.
In The Box
- TT-46 Advanced Wiretap Detector
- 9V Battery
- All Necessary Cords, Plugs, and Adapters
- Detailed Instruction Manual
Special Feature: Perform parallel tap tests, wire pair tests, and series tap tests for both single and multi-line telephones with this pro counter-surveillance device.
- Detects Series Devices with 10 ohm resistance and above
- Detects Parallel Devices with 65 megohms resistance or less
- Detects Some Taps that are Capacitively Coupled
- Includes Line Monitor to detect room audio when phone is not in use
- Weight: 9 ounces Measurements: 7" by 4.6" by 2.25"
- 9v Battery Included